Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sorry, it has been a while...

Well, not a whole lot has happened since the last time I updated this. We went to a Labor Day party at Rod and Nikki's on Sunday the 30th. We had a good time. Jerold was convinced that he needed to win as many games at bags as he could. We also went to the Prairie Dirt Classic on that Saturday. We had a good time. Alex got to spend the night at her friend Ella's that night. She now wants Ella to come to our house. That is a possibility on Friday. We will have to see how the week goes.

Alex still loves Sunday school. She looks forward to it every week. I am glad that this is working out. She keeps talking about all of her new friends. The poor kid cannot stay in her clothes lately. I had bought her some new shoes 2 weeks ago for her Sunday school outfits, she has already out grown them. We now wear a size 9. My little girl is definitely growing up. She has graduated to girl sized clothes also. We no longer are in the toddler section too much. Some things fit her still there, but not like they used to. I know that this is supposed to happen, but not this fast.

We had a somewhat busy weekend this last weekend. Saturday we went to my parents for a get together for mom's birthday. I believe that she enjoyed herself. We would not let her cook or anything. It was time for her to relax. Sunday we went to Tanner's Orchard. Alex and I went with Grandma and Grandpa Ruff. It was a fun quick trip. I will definitley have to take Alex back over there closer to Halloween. Hopefully we will be able to go trick or treating this year. Alex was sick last year. She has not decided what she wants to be yet. It is a toss up between about 10 different things. It will probably be a last minute thing because she can't make up her mind. We will see.

This week is not too busy. Jerold is getting things ready for the DU Banquet next week. He has a meeting again this week and then next week right before the shindig. Saturday seems to be quite the busy day. My grandma is going to be in the area from Arizona. So, we are going to go up to mom and dad's to see her. Jerold has a few things that he would like to do that day also. We will have to see what happens for the day. If everthing goes well, Alex gets to have Ella over on Friday. Her first sleep over....what am I getting into? Sunday is just another day at home. We have Sunday school in the morning and then house work to play catch up after the weekend. Fun...Fun...

Jake update....
He is growing like a weed. He is going to be a big dog. He goes for his third set of shots and rabies shot on Thursday. We are switching vets and taking him to Eastside in Fairbury. We have been told by a lot of people that we need to take him there. It can't hurt to try. We still have the late night visits to the outdoors. I will be glad when that is over. It would not be so bad if I was not the only one hearing him whine. It is just like having another newborn. The good times and the bad. Well, I hope this helps everyone get caught up. I will try to put on some pictures next time when I get the camera working. Have a great day.

No comments: