Monday, September 29, 2008

Another busy weekend

It was another busy weekend this past weekend. I am still waiting bor a weekend without so much running. On Saturday, the Sportsman's Club had their annual trap shoot and also a calling contest. That was pretty interesting. Alex and I went and watched the contest and shoot for a while. Jerold got me to shoot a few trap. I hit 2 clay pigeons. I was proud. It turned out to be a late evening once again. On Sunday Alex had Sunday school. We decided that since it is getting cooler, we would bug bomb the house. So, we did that and killed some time around town. Then it was off to the surprise party for Stubby. We all went out to eat at Pour Richards last night. It was a nice time. By the time we got home I had to start cleaning before all of the kids come in today.
Next weekend the Sportsman's Club is having their hunter safety course and yours truly will be participating in that. It is both Saturday and Sunday. Jerold is in charge of Alex on Saturday and she is having a playdate on Sunday. At least that is the plan. Hopefully it is nice weather for the course. I may have a free weekend after this is over. I am sure something else will come up.
Alex is doing well. We have had our first set of breathing treatments for the season. It could be a long fall and winter if this keeps up. Alex is pretty good about taking her treatments though. She does not usually fight them. She is happy to have the kids back today. One of the girls that I watch is Alex's little buddy. The 2 of them play very well together.
Jake is still growing. I believe that I am going to have a jumper on my hands. He is jumping onto everything and then back off. He still needs to perfect his landings. He has jarredhimself a couple of times.
The waiting game is still going on for Jerold and his job. We will be glad when this is over with. It is frustrating not knowing what you are going to be doing for work. He has 4 nonproduction days this month. Hopefully next month will be better. Well, everyone have a good week and I will keep you updated.

No comments: