Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where did it go?

Well, we had a good and busy weekend. Jerold and I went to the Deer and Turkey Classic in Bloomington on Friday night. We went with a couple of friends of ours from Lexington. It was a real good time. It was nice to just get out and do something different. We stopped at the Upper Tap in Lexington on our way back. They had a band there that was alright. We were not there long enough to really tell. Alex stayed at Grandma & Grandpa Meier's. She decorated cookies and played with her cousin Paige all night. I guess they had quite the time.
On Saturday I went and picked up Alex from Grandma and Grandpa's and then we went out for lunch with a friend of ours at How Sweet It Is. The food was pretty good especially the fudge. Alex even liked it. Alex and I then spent the day around the house and then going to do our weekend ritual of grocery shopping. Quite the adventures we have.
On Sunday, Jerold and I decided to see if Alex wanted to go to Bloomington to see the animals at the Deer and Turkey. She said "YES", so it was off to Bloomington again. She was amazed at the animals and so was I. They had a grey wolf, yearling Grizzly bear and a 15 yr. old Black bear, a couple of cougars and a coyote named "Wylie." There was also a place where you could have your picture taken with a baby black bear. They were a bit pricey so we did not do that. The animals were pretty neat. So, that is where we spent our Sunday afternoon. It was nice. Now it is play catch up this week. I am trying to get started on some of my spring cleaning. We are putting in a new furnace later this week or at the beginning of next week. I would like to get some of my cleaning done before that happens. Well, that is about it. Have a great week.

No comments: