Monday, April 20, 2009

Catching up

So, it has been quite a busy couple of weeks. Jerold turned 37 last Friday on the 10th. We had his birthday dinner on Wednesday though. That way we were not trying to figure out when to celebrate his birthday with everything else going on.
Here is a picture of Jerold blowing out the candles with Alex on his birthday cake. Alex helped decorate the cake.
Last weekend we were busy with Easter all weekend. Alex and I went to a birthday party for one of the daycare kids. It was fun. They had a bowling party. After that we went to Uncle Harry and Aunt Pat's for the Broerman Easter. Jerold's cousin Chris got home on Friday night form Afghanistan. It was good to see him. He has to go back unfortunately, but at least he made it home for Easter. On Sunday we had Easter at my grandparents. It was fun. We got to see the new addition to the family. My cousin and his wife had a baby boy 4 weeks ago. Lots of red hair. This last week went by fairly fast I guess. Jerold has not been working, so he is trying to find things to do.

A picture of Alex in her bunny ears pretending to be a bunny. Quite the character.

This last weekend was a busy one also. On Saturday, Alex and I had another birthday party to go to. We went to a place called Make A Mess. It was interesting. All you do is make a mess and play on a huge jungle gym thing. I do have a couple of pictures of that. It was fun until the older kids got there. Then they used the younger ones as targets. I was not thrilled with that. After the party Alex and I went and picked out some sandals for her. Then it was time to go home and rest before the evening. The Schulz fish fry was Saturday night at Scotty's. Talk about good food. We went there and ate and Alex played with her cousin Chase for awhile. Sunday we did not do a whole lot. I tried to get a little bit caught up around the house. Alex has a wonderful cough, so I thought it was best if she just didn't do too much more running around.
This is Alex in the dress up area of Make A Mess. She was dressed as a princess. Doesn't she look like royalty...
Alex showing off her moves as she throws sticky balls at the wall.
Hopefully this week will go by quickly. I do not think we have too many plans for the weekend. I am thinking about taking Alex to the circus on Saturday though. I think that she would enjoy that. Jerold is thinking about going to the races though. It is supposed to be beautiful weather. Hopefully so. Well, here are a couple of pictures for you to enjoy.

No comments: